What Does EBFR Offer?
Each group of 8 to 12 people meets three days per week, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM for a seven-week commitment to multidisciplinary rehabilitation activities including:
- COMPREHENSIVE MULTIDISCIPLINARY EVALUATION
From EBFR Team physician, physical therapist, psychologist, and occupation/vocational specialists; to identify appropriate candidates and establish individual treatment plan and rehabilitation goals.
- PHYSICAL REHABILITATION
Individually paced physical reconditioning and activity tolerance training under careful physical therapist and physician guidance.
- COPING SKILLS TRAINING
For pain and stress management.
- ACTIVITY TOLERANCE TRAINING
Simulation of home and work tasks emphasizing safety, postural body mechanics, ergonomics, and activity pacing.
- MEDICATION OPTIMIZATION
A careful review of medication benefits and side effects, with taper of medications when appropriate.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT
Of stress, depression, anger, and sleep disturbance.
- RETURN-TO-WORK PREPARATION
Focusing on functional work conditioning and vocational education.
- GROUP SUPPORT TO RECLAIM LOST ACTIVITIES
Family, recreational, and social activities outside the home.
- VOLUNTEER COMMUNITY SERVICE
As a bridge back to active life outside the home.
- AFTERCARE SUPPORT
For three months after program discharge.
- CONSERVATIVE ALTERNATIVE TO MAJOR ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY.
- COMMITMENT TO EVIDENCE-BASED TREATMENTS AND OUTCOME TRACKING.
- MAXIMUM MEDICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPROVEMENT BY PROGRAM DISCHARGE.